Please join us for the October meeting of Bit N’ Bridle 4-H Club. The meeting will be held October 17, 2015 at 2:00 PM. We will meet at Paradocs Farm, barn. 31164 Zoar Road, Locust Grove, VA.
As this is the first meeting of the new 4-H year, we will elect officers for the 2015-2016 year. If you are interested in being considered for an officer position, you need to be a member in good standing. This means you must be a member on record for six or more months, abide by the 4-H code of conduct, have attended 50% of the general 4-H meetings during the last year, completed at least one project book, and made a presentation before the club.
We will elect the following officer positions:
- Call and preside at all meetings.
- Prepare the agenda for monthly meetings.
- Keep the leader informed of pertinent information of club activities.
- Update and maintain the club website and calendar.
- Phone/Email or otherwise contact members regarding meeting date/time/place.
- Assume the duties of the President if the President is absent.
- Assist the President as needed.
- Serve as chair of the Program Committee.
- Take minutes of the meetings.
- Keep an attendance log of all members present at monthly meetings.
- Give/send a copy of the minutes to the reporter, president and leader.
- Be responsible for mailing “Thank You” cards and similar mailings.
- Keep track of finances and all other transactions.
- Prepare monthly statement to present at meetings
Available to sign deposits/withdrawal requests for club funds.
- Draft and submit any public announcements for appropriate news sources.
- Draft and provide articles and reports to the President to be posted on the club Website
- Take pictures at all 4-H activities and keep a scrapbook for the club.
- Provide pictures to the Reporter for articles and reports.